The Environmental Assessment (EA) for the Hillside Boularderie Wind Farm has been approved by the Minister of Environment on June 20th, 2013. The EA was registered on May 1st, 2013 and was open for public comment until May 31st, 2013.
- Hillside Boularderie Wind Farm EA - body
- Hillside Boularderie Wind Farm EA - Appendix A to C
- Hillside Boularderie Wind Farm EA - Appendix D
- Hillside Boularderie Wind Farm EA - Appendix E and F
- Hillside Boularderie Wind Farm EA - Appendix G to M
An EA is a tool that is used to predict and evaluate the environmental effects of the proposed Hillside Boularderie Community Wind Farm to determine the acceptability of the project. The EA has been conducted in accordance with the Nova Scotia Environmental Assessment Regulations .
Collaboration with government agencies, non-government organizations, First Nations and the general public is beneficial in identifying and mitigating any environmental, social or economical impacts the project may pose. Natural Forces and consultants have conducted desktop and field studies on identified valuable environmental components. These studies include:
- Electromagnetic Interference
- Vascular plant
- Avian species
- Mi’kmaq Ecological Knowledge